A primary goal of this community is to provide a space for Ice Water Games’ fans, creators, and allies to congregate. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment to everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
We expect all community participants to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business.
This Code of Conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to increase open source and culture citizenship by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our community.
Communities mirror the societies in which they exist and positive action is essential to counteract the many forms of inequity and abuses of power that exist in society.
- Actively contribute and engage with other people in the community. In doing so, you bolster the health and longevity of this community.
- If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
- Spend time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
- Be considerate and respectful in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Be mindful of the feelings of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
The conversations we have here set the tone for every new arrival. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion.
- Use of sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect other Ice Water Games community members or other vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Violence, threats of violence, incitement of violence or violent language directed against another person including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Publication of non-harassing private communication without consent by the involved parties
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person)
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxxing”).
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including community leaders will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, community leaders may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including: temporary or permanent expulsion from all Ice Water Games spaces without warning, and identification of the offending person as a harasser to other Ice Water Games community members or the general public.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please immediately contact a moderator via direct message. in the case that the bad actor is a moderator, they will be carefully excluded from any handling of your incident.
All reports will be handled in the strictest confidence. We will respond as promptly as we can. In some cases we may determine that a public statement will need to be made. If that’s the case, the identities of all victims and reporters will remain confidential unless those individuals instruct us otherwise.
List of moderators:
- Isa Hutchinson
The Ice Water Games community prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. Community leaders reserve the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss!
We want this forum host a wealth of topics and questions however certain inquiries should be directed elsewhere:
- If you would like Ice Water Games to consider bringing your project on to the Ice Water Games label please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having a technical issue with one of the games represented by Ice Water Games please use the contact info provided by those games.
- If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via email@example.com.
This code of conduct is subject to change and community members will be notified should any changes be made.
We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS
License and Attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on the Code of Conduct for the Stumptown Syndicate, the Audio Treehouse Code of Conduct, and the XOXO festival Code of Conduct. All CoC mentioned above as well as this document are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlikeLicense.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.